Zink High Adventure Base (ZBASE) is a new and unique adventure. Crews will trek to 12 different Adventure Areas over 35,000 acres of the Zink Ranch and 10,000 of Skiatook Lake in Northeast Oklahoma.
ZBASE will hire summer staff to support backcountry programs, food service, retail operations, maintenance, conservation, medical services and administrative positions. The majority of contracts coincide with the summer season, from late May through mid-July. Base salaries begin at over $400/week and room/board is included with all contracts. Applications are currently being taken.
At ZBASE we want you to be a part of something special. We believe in our staff to help develop programs, and with your input you can put your mark on programs that will live on for decades afterwards!
Find the Perfect Job!
ZBASE offers unique paid positions. Read our job descriptions to identify positions that suit your experience and interests.
At ZBASE, everything begins with a quality staff. Great care will be used in the selection process and training of our staff. Staff attitude, example, and performance set the pace for all those who attend.
In order to be eligible for a seasonal position at ZBASE, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America or agree to become registered before employment begins.
- The minimum age requirement for seasonal staff is 18. Some director positions require a minimum age of 21. Those age 17 may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Staff is required to work for the duration of the season as specified in their employment contract. The majority of contracts will run from late May to through July. Exact dates for off-season contracts vary.
- Every applicant who is offered a job will be required to complete an Employment Eligibility verification (I-9) form and show evidence of successfully completing a physical evaluation during the previous 12 months using the form provided by ZBASE.
- If you are hired for a position that requires driving, you will be required to supply a current driving record from your state of license. Three moving violations or one DWI/DUI within the last three years will disqualify you from any driving position.
- Each participant must successfully complete the designated staff training and fulfill the job requirements specified by ZBASE through supervisors.
- While employed by ZBASE, staff must fully cooperate with the policies, program, and management of ZBASE. This includes high standards for physical grooming and moral conduct, regardless of job assignment.
- Many positions require staff to meet height/weight requirements as indicated in Part C of the BSA Annual Health and Medical Record.
How to Apply
Here is the procedure for applying for seasonal employment at ZBASE:
- Review the employment to be sure that you are eligible.
- Download a Seasonal Staff Application (PDF)
- Review the list of jobs in the various departments, indicate three preferences, and complete the entire application.
- Be as specific as possible on dates of employment.
- Develop a brief resumé, outlining your experience and qualifications for each of the positions you have selected.
- Obtain at least one letter of recommendation from a local Scouting professional staff member, Scouting unit leader, a teacher, a religious leader, or an employer.
- Send your application, resumé, and letter(s) of reference to ZBASE.